MetroAir Virtual Forums

Welcome

News: Join Our Discord https://discord.gg/6MJ9d7T

MetroAir Announces Allegius ERJ-145 Acquisition (Read 2221 times)

MetroAir Newsdesk

more
MetroAir Announces Allegius ERJ-145 Acquisition

BOSTON, MA – MetroAir has announced today plans to acquire 10 Embraer ERJ-145LR aircraft to be operated by their regional subsidiary Allegius. The 10 ERJ-145’s will enter service under MetroConnect colors beginning January 16th. The 50-seat regional aircraft will help MetroAir expand their regional service and fill the gap between their 37-seat Q200 and 78-seat...

Source: MetroAir Announces Allegius ERJ-145 Acquisition

Zak Winnick

more Offline
  • Veteran Member
    • MetroAir Profile
Thank God...I was tired of seeing them sitting there when I drove by. At least the SkyWest guys will get off my back about them being there.  :P

Seriously though, it's awesome that we are able to add a new type to our fleet! I can't wait to start flying these bad boys all over the eastern seaboard.

(Yes. They will be available for charters!)

Nick Westfall

more Offline
  • Terminated Pilots
I love the 145!!! Time to find that old Wilco info and re download it!

Alex Bresnick

more Offline
  • Veteran Member
Any word on the freeware/payware models we are using? I know the Wilco received very mixed reviews back in the day. Is it even compatible with P3D?

William Hogarth

more Offline
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
  • Chief Operating Officer
We will be supporting the Wilco V2 version but will not be releasing with a livery for it as we have not had anyone able to paint one as yet. The initial paint will be on the freeware. We will however do what we normally do and allow pilots to use the Wilco V2 version in the house colours or a plain white colour. Hub managers will be informed of this.

Sean Doyle

more Offline
  • Legacy Staff Meeting Disruption :)
We will be supporting the Wilco V2 version but will not be releasing with a livery for it as we have not had anyone able to paint one as yet. The initial paint will be on the freeware. We will however do what we normally do and allow pilots to use the Wilco V2 version in the house colours or a plain white colour. Hub managers will be informed of this.

I've started the paint but where this is my first one, it may take awhile to perfect it Alex, With any success I'd like to have it done for launch  :)

Nick Westfall

more Offline
  • Terminated Pilots
Any word on the freeware/payware models we are using? I know the Wilco received very mixed reviews back in the day. Is it even compatible with P3D?

I would be very surprised if it was P3Dd compatible. As for the reviews, I like it a lot. As far as flying it goes, it takes some getting used to but once you get the hang of it she is easy to fly. The systems modeling and textures are certainly dated but they work just fine.

Sean Doyle

more Offline

I would be very surprised if it was P3Dd compatible. As for the reviews, I like it a lot. As far as flying it goes, it takes some getting used to but once you get the hang of it she is easy to fly. The systems modeling and textures are certainly dated but they work just fine.

I have been flying the Wilco/Feelthere on P3D for the last week to get familiar. Fully compatible if you install with the migration tool. Agree with Nick, the VC is dated and could use an upgrade but honestly it's like a real 145, it's not a bad aircraft. The FADEC throttles are touchy but it works. I flew half of the routes as a test flight last week.

Alex Bresnick

more Offline
  • Veteran Member

Just want to clarify...was there ever a V2 for the E135/145 pack? I know Wilco/Feelthere had the E-Jets V1 which included the E170/190 and V2 included the 175/195. But I don't ever remember a V2 for the ERJs.

Sean Doyle

more Offline

Just want to clarify...was there ever a V2 for the E135/145 pack? I know Wilco/Feelthere had the E-Jets V1 which included the E170/190 and V2 included the 175/195. But I don't ever remember a V2 for the ERJs.

I believe the Legacy was V1, could be wrong.

Dave Nichols

more Offline
  • MetroAir Manager
  • Veteran Member
Very pleased to welcome the ERJ145s.   At the MCI base we work very closely with Allegius.  These airplanes have some airframe time on them but its amazing how resilient the 145 is over time.  The fun part will be what locations Allegius will place them. 

Alex Bresnick

more Offline
  • Veteran Member

I believe the Legacy was V1, could be wrong.

Ah okay...I do now see they are marketing it as a V2. Looks like I've got a new aircraft to buy! I know there are some differences with the E-Jets but hopefully my experience in that will ease any learning curve.

I've flown on an ERJ once in real life and have always loved the design of the aircraft so I'm looking forward to trying this out on some northeast routes. Hopefully FlyTampa's new Boston isn't too far down the road.

Sean Doyle

more Offline
Honestly if you've flown the 170/190 or 175/195 you'll find her actually easier to use. Biggest difference I have found is the fuel loading is different and to initialize the PERF you have to actually have to fill out he Pax column (I usually put [email protected]). Other than that she's pretty straightforward. In my testing I've found DO NOT use flaps 45 for approach and keep it at 22deg and babysit the throttle but all and all I've had a lot of fun so far  :) VNAV decent isn't really a thing so sometimes you've got to do the math on the fly or just manually but in all honesty it doesn't bother me any. A flight level change or speed hold decent usually does the trick

Zak Winnick

more Offline
  • Veteran Member
    • MetroAir Profile
Installed the FT 145 today into P3D v3 w/o the migration tool. Just use the FSX install file and point the installer to your main P3D directory.

All works perfectly (well, as perfect as a FT/Wilco product can be).

Keep in mind that if you are using this model, please use the House Colors until we are able to get the paint completed.