MetroAir Virtual Forums

Welcome

News: Join Our Discord https://discord.gg/S6qEDnC

Something is happening in the Hangar (Read 577 times)

William Hogarth

more Offline
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
  • Chief Operating Officer
Something is happening in the Hangar
July 12, 2018, 07:58:28 am
737" border="0

Tim Moskal

more Offline
  • Veteran Member
Come on William, just give us the details.  You have me checking the site every day, lol

Aharon Dayan

more
I did not know that Metro Air rents hangar in KXTA Area 51.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Regards,

Aharon

William Hogarth

more Offline
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member

Aharon Dayan

more
Nice repaint!

Aharon Dayan

more
Although the 738s will be in fleet on August 8th, you gonna have to upload it to Metro Air download center today and have two round trip training or familiarizing flights at 90 minutes per flight out of KDFW across desert land (safe) to KABQ or any airport in desert and back.  All real world airlines always do that before starting passenger service.  Good idea?

Darrol Larrok

more Offline
  • Warming Up
Hmm...maybe I'll "upgrade" from the Q?

Tim Moskal

more Offline
  • Veteran Member
Pretty cool! 

Any commentary on how these will fit in with the Airbus fleet?  Usually it is cost prohibitive to have both, but I do understand from a payware perspective this has been asked for for awhile.

William Hogarth

more Offline
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
Tim, We will be simply running the B737 along side our Airbuses and also using them to open up markets in South America and the Caribbean. Like you say it is really because so many people like the 737 and it has been the most requested plane for many many years.

Full details about the launch and routes that will be operated will follow in a separate post. I can say there will be a week of delivery flights and 2 weeks of training flights.

Tim Moskal

more Offline
  • Veteran Member
Thanks, William! 

It seems like a majority of airlines now are using both A320s and 737s.  Heck, American ordered both the same day a few years ago.  With production schedules filled years out its the only way to get planes, and im sure Metro got a good deal with all the heavy metal purchased over the last few years  (pilot).  Can't wait to fly it.

Aharon Dayan

more
I can say there will be a week of delivery flights and 2 weeks of training flights.

Superb idea   It will be fun even though many pilots here including myself are very familiar with 737s but that is superb and FUN idea.

I hope it is two round trip training or familiarizing flights at 90 minutes per flight out of KDFW across desert land (safe) to KABQ or any airport in desert and back (total of 4 flights).  Maybe Santa Fe or Los Alamos??

Or from KDFW to KCRP and back? Or from KDFW to KMRY New Orleans and back?

Regards,

Aharon

Maybe to Roswell, NM?

William Hogarth

more Offline
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
Full details about the aircraft delivery, delivery flights and schedules will be published on August 1st including the versions we are supporting. I am also hoping that we can release the packages for download that day as well.

Its going to be an exciting few weeks  :D :D :D

Roman Geber

more Offline
  • Administrator
@William: Oh good, you replaced two of the three broken lightbulbs. Well done, thanks!

cu
Roman

William Hogarth

more Offline
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
The B737-800 is now LIVE for Download!

William Hogarth

more Offline
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
#14 Re: Something is happening in the Hangar
August 06, 2018, 07:57:56 pm
The Ferry flights for the First 2 B737-800s are now live and available to fly. You have until the 13th to fly these flights before the plane enters a period of training flights to LAX and DFW.

William Hogarth

more Offline
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
#15 Re: Something is happening in the Hangar
August 12, 2018, 08:28:20 pm
The training flights between Kansas and Dallas are now active and ready to fly...These are the first revenue services on our new B737 aircraft. From Next week a flight to LAX will be introduced.